Team Building & Team Repair
Is this your team?
A small number of dedicated people with complementary skills, committed to a common purpose, performance, goal and approach for which they all hold themselves mutually accountable.
Your Company / Your Team
If you recognize what you just have read, and if you think that your company or your team can use some serious Team Building, or even Team Repair, then come to us and let us tailor you a program that fits your needs.
We will NOT bother the participants with books and readers or otherwise loads of paperwork. We will work interactively with them from day 1.
Our approach is a bit different than what other companies have to offer. We use a nonstop mixture of science, e.g.: psychology, NLP, as well as games and art.
Like in all courses Inside Out USA offers, participants will learn first of all the basics of communications. Once that foundation has been created, the trainer starts to build a solid structure of skills and provides everybody with insight in their own behavior and the behavior of their team members.
By means of continuous ‘doing it’, all participants will improve on the spot. They also will help each other improve, while fulfilling the assignments. Our trainers will not leave one question unanswered and will assist wherever possible.
Video recorded role play will be a big part of the sessions, and feedback will follow immediately after every role play. We use scientifically proven instruments to measure improvements in behavior.
When the program has come to an end, our trainers will remain available for online help, in case participants like assistance afterwards.
Team Building – Team Repair
To us Team Building or Repair means: the appropriate use of both interpersonal relationships and task accomplishments among individuals, who are functionally interdependent, creating synergistic results. The purpose of Team Building or Repair is to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a group in its pursuit of personal, group and organizational objectives.
Inside Out USA offers a great 3 day program which:
- improves the quality of the team’s decisions;
- ensures multiple inputs and various points of view;
- creates synergy;
- increases commitment to the team’s decisions and to its implementations;
- enhances communications and interactions among team members;
- serves as a tool to tear down barricades.
Types of Teams
There a three types of teams to be considered:
- teams that are creating;
- teams that are recommending;
- teams that are managing.
All three types of teams need:
- a clearly defined purpose;
- effective and complementary skills;
- committed membership;
- clearly defined roles and responsibilities;
- accountability and shared leadership.
Why Teams Fail
- They don’t have a clear vision.
- They fail to address the process.
- They focus on personalities.
- They focus on individual success instead of team success.
- They get distracted from the purpose.
First we come to your company and assess the situation and your wishes.
That will take one day. We will write a program and wait for your approval.
Then together we decide on a location and a date. Depending on the number of participants we decide on the number of trainers. 1-15 takes one trainer for three days and the artist for the third day. 1-30 takes two trainers and the artist on the third day.
- 08.30 – 09.00 introduction participants;
- 09.00 – 10.00 first assignment, profiles;
- 10.00 – 11.00 personal feedback
- 11.00 – 12.00 2nd assignment team barriers;
- 12.00 – 13.00 lunch
- 13.00 – 14.00 team evaluations
- 14.00 – 15.00 interactive role play; video
- 15.00 – 16.00 feedback; identifying roles;
- 16.00 – 16.30 afternoon assignments;
DAY 2 building and repairing
- 08.30 – 09.30 dealing with aggression, dominance, and fear
- 09.30 – 10.30 role play; video recording
- 10.30 – 11.00 feedback;
- 11.00 – 12.00 role play team synergy
- 12.00 – 14.30 etiquette lunch
- 14.30 – 16.00 role play decisions by consensus; video rec.; feedback;
- 16.00 -16.30 instrument measuring behavior improvement
- 16.30 -17.00 evening assignment
DAY 3 implementation and finalizing
- 08.30 – 09.00 evaluation evening assignment;
- 09.00 – 11.00 instruction team production by artist;
- 11.00 – 12.00 identifying roles within teams while working on production;
- 12.00 – 13.00 lunch
- 13.00 – 15.00 finishing team artwork;
- 15.00 – 16.30 evaluation results.
Depending on the specific ‘problems’ we encounter, we have a range of modules that we can use in our program.
Basically we use personal communication skills to start with; then we add interactive skills as a must!
Furthermore we can submit:
- Problem solution models;
- Brainstorm sessions;
- Persuasive structures;
- Intercultural communication skills;
- Leadership responsibilities;
- Time and stress management;
- Conflict resolution;
- Behavioral assessments;
- Identifying characteristics;
- Team operating assessments;
- Team evaluation tools, etc.
We have successfully built and repaired many teams over the last 20 years. Companies like McDonald’s, Shell, SKF, KLM, IBM have been using our skills to put their teams together and/or back on track.
By adding an artist to the sessions, we learned that creativity was a very valuable tool to open people’s minds and souls to step into the team spirit. That is why we believe, that this is a real added value to our program.
Our artists are painters, who will help the team in creating the final team product, of which the whole team can be proud of. Many of those paintings are still embellishing a lot of famous offices.